Saturday, May 2, 2009

To whom it may concern

These past few days had been wonderful, exciting, and to some extent, too good to be true. Maybe things happened too fast, and I was literally out of control. I lost my principles, the very guiding force which had propelled me to where I stood a few days back. It was probably the best thing which had happened to me all these years. Until one single moment of pure stupidity!!

I didn't think before I act. My mind was clouded and polluted with evil. And although this was the first time I had committed a sin of such magnitude, I now stand at a junction where I could lose everything. Lose a friendship, lose myself, my confidence, trust, self-esteem. But the worse part is that I offend and hurt someone who happens to be the last person on this earth that I would ever want to hurt!

I am not here to make an excuse for my actions, for I clearly know that there is none. I know that it's my fault. All mine! I should never have allowed the evil in me to express itself. Maybe it hit me on a weak point which I never knew existed inside me before. But even then, I should have been prepared for everything, including the unseen. And I hate myself for being such a weakling. I made a scar, a potential obstacle and a dirty reminder for the future. A big ugly scar which could probably hurt a person for a long long time. I am helpless, for I cannot change the past, and I guess I have to be prepared to face whatever the consequence may be.

The ball is not in my hands. Help me, O dear Lord! All I am asking is for a chance to prove myself once again. It may take days, weeks, or even years. I don't care, as long as I get the chance within this life-time. And if I ever do commit such a mistake again, I might as well just vanish never to be seen or heard again. This is a prayer, a promise I make with utmost sincerity from the bottom of my heart.